S-FAR Hill Briefing for FY2017
Update: View the stakeholders' Antimicrobial Resistance Funding Recommendations for FY2017.
Sign-on letter in support of antimicrobial resistance funding in the FY17 Labor-HHS Appropriations bill.
On February 24th, S-FAR convened a panel of experts for a congressional briefing on FY17 Antimicrobial Resistance funding. The briefing provided clinician and patient perspectives on AR, as well as presentations from federal agency officials who are working to implement the National Action Plan. Here is a list of speakers along with their presentation slides. Below are photo and video highlights of the briefing.
- Jason Newland, MD, MEd, FPIDS, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Michael Craig, MPP, Senior Adviser for AR Coordination and Strategy, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jane M. Knisely, PhD, Program Officer, Bacteriology and Mycology Branch, Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Joe Larsen, PhD, Chief, Broad Spectrum Antimicrobials Program, Biomedical Advanced Research Development Authority
- Neena Anandaraman, DVM, MPH, Senior Advisor for Animal Health and Production Products, Office of the Chief Scientist, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Alicia Cole, California, Antibiotic-Resistant Infection Survivor